The choir welcomes applications for membership from experienced singers with good voices and competent sight-reading skills.
We are currently only accepting applications from sopranos and basses.
Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings, currently from 8 to 10 p.m. at St Mark’s Church, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, BR2 0TB (location map). This venue is only a couple of minutes walk from Bromley South station, served by frequent fast trains (15 minutes) from London Victoria and also by trains from many parts of South East London and Kent.
The annual subscription, currently £200 (spread payment if desired, and no fee for students), includes the hire of the music.
If you are interested in joining this unique choir, please contact the secretary Clare Cockshott on email or using the contact form. You will then normally be invited to sing with us for a couple of rehearsals before auditioning (don’t worry … not at all a frightening experience). Singers are re-auditioned every few years.
So, why choose to sing with the Allegri Singers?
- Small enough (around 40 voices) for each individual contribution to count.
- Rehearsals that are fun as well as hard work.
- Interesting and varied repertoire – both early and modern music.
- Opportunity to audition for solos – most are taken by singers from the choir.
- Convenient rehearsal location (especially for those living or working in Bromley, Croydon, South East London or North West Kent), avoiding central London congestion and close to a main-line rail station and several bus routes.
- Friendly, with a wide age-range.
- A high standard of performance, with an established reputation to protect and enhance.