ALLEGRI SINGERS (REGISTERED CHARITY 287271) (“Allegri Singers”)
This policy has been prepared in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It sets out how the Allegri Singers will treat any personal data provided to us, in connection either with our mailing list and/or in order to purchase tickets for events organised by the Allegri Singers.
Data provided in connection with our mailing list:
- When you sign-up to the Allegri Singers’ mailing list we will ask for your name and email address. We will use this data to send you information about our events and activities (e.g. forthcoming performances, social events and fundraising events), as well as news about the Allegri Singers and related interviews and articles (within our regular newsletters).
- We will only send you information that is related to the Allegri Singers. We will not use your data to send you marketing messages from 3rd parties.
Every email we send you will include an option to easily opt-out of future emails. You can also opt-out at any point by contacting us via our contact page.
- At any time you can ask us to view, update or correct any data we hold on you, and to request that we stop using or erase your data. You can contact us at any time via our contact page to update or correct the data we hold on you.
Data provided in connection with the purchase of ticket(s) to one or more event(s) organised by the Allegri Singers:
- Where our events are ticketed, we need to collect data on the person booking (name and email) in order to allow you access to the event and to send you a confirmation of your reservation/purchase.
- This data will only be used for administering your access to the event/s for which you have booked and will not be used to send you marketing/promotional messages or mailshots from the group unless you have also provided your consent to joining the mailing list (see above).
Our electronic ticket sales are administered by Sumup, who will collect your data for the purpose of reserving your tickets for the specific event(s).
The Allegri Singers data retention policy is to review all data held on individuals at least every two years and to remove data where we no longer have a legitimate reason to keep it.
If you withdraw your consent for us to use your data for a particular purpose (e.g. you unsubscribe from a mailing list) we may retain some of your data for up to two years in order to preserve a record of your consent having been withdrawn. However, we will not continue to process your data for any purpose.
What rights do you have?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights over your data and its use:
- The right to be informed about what data we are collecting on you and how we will use it
- The right of access – you can ask to see the data we hold on you
- The right to rectification – you can ask that we update or correct your data
- The right to object – you can ask that we stop using your data for a particular purpose
- The right to erasure – you can ask us to delete the data we hold on you
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask that we temporarily stop using your data while the reason for its use or its accuracy are investigated
- Though unlikely to apply to the data we hold and process on you, you also have rights related to portability and automated decision making (including profiling)
All requests related to your rights should be made to the Data Controller via our contact page. We will respond within one month.
You can find out more about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
What will we do if anything changes?
If we make changes to our privacy statements or processes we will post the changes here. Where the changes are significant, we may also choose to email individuals affected with the new details.
Where required by law, will we ask for your consent to continue processing your data after these changes are made.
Website visitors: for running and improving our website
We use a pop-up banner to let users know about this on their first visit. .As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.